Effective Date: November 5, 2014
We may collect your information in the following ways
- When you provide us with information.
- From third parties.
- Automatically through cookies and other technology.
We collect information when you register to use certain BeautySage services, such as when you create a profile, add comments on the Site, write reviews, participate in panels on BeautySage and when you otherwise provide us with information on our Site;
We may collect information from third parties including websites that publish our ads and offers, as well as other online and offline sources such as identity verification services, and other service providers and vendors, and we may combine such information with other information you have provided to us; and
We may collect information automatically based on interaction with our site, using cookies and other technology (as described below).
Types of Information we may collect and how we may use it
- We may collect Personally Identifiable Information, which includes your name, email address, postal address or phone number, when you register on our site or when you otherwise provide us with your Personally Identifiable Information. Any Personally Identifiably Information entered by you on any BeautySage Site or Service will be stored by us and we may use this information to respond to your questions, provide you with specific services and feedback, send you emails about site maintenance and updates, and in other ways that may increase your enjoyment of the Site or Service. The Personally Identifiable Information or content that you voluntarily disclose or upload to the communities, blogs or public forums on our Site will be made publicly available and, as such, can be collected and used by others.
- We may collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of any BeautySage Site or Service and the sites or services of selected sponsors and advertisers, and your use of special promotions or newsletters. We may use this information to statistically monitor how many people are using our website and selected sponsors’ and advertisers’ sites, how many people open our emails or newsletters, for what purposes these actions are being taken, and for other purposes that may help us analyze your use of our Site or Service or the sites or services of selected sponsors and advertisers.
- We may use the information you provide to contact you regarding new products, brands, promotions, and special offers via email. You can unsubscribe from any email at any time by simply following the directions included at the bottom of each email newsletter you receive from BeautySage.
How we may share the information we collect.
We may share the information we collect in the following ways:
- With third party affiliates in connection with processing or fulfilling your requests or inquiries;
- With companies who may use such information for their own marketing purposes, including contacting you in order to offer you their products or services, or the products or services of other third parties.
- With advertisers whose content we publish or display, their agents, third party ad servers, and service providers;
- With service providers we engage to provide us with services that support our Site.
- In connection with the consolidation or sale of or other transactions related to our business.
As we believe necessary or desirable to protect our business, rights, safety, assets, or property, or those of a third party; to limit our legal liability; to defend our interests or the interests of you or a third party; or to enforce our Terms of Service or other rules; and
- In response to government or regulatory agency requests, court orders, subpoenas, or as we otherwise believe to be required or permitted in connection with any applicable law, rule or regulation.
How you can Opt-Out of Certain Data Sharing
Any personal information collected may be shared immediately for direct marketing purposes, but you may opt-out of further sharing for direct marketing by submitting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and other technology
Targeted Advertising and Analytics Services
We may have relationships with third party advertising and analytics service companies who may place a cookie on your computer or device when you visit our site or use web beacons for the purpose of collecting information which may include, but is not limited to, information about the websites you view and advertisements you interact with, your IP address, date/time stamp information, your ISP and the browser you use to visit this Site. Any information collected may be may be linked to information provided by other third parties and may be used for, among other things, to deliver advertising (from us and from other companies) targeted to your preferences and interests, and to better understand the usage and visitation of our Site and the other websites tracked by these advertising companies. In addition, this information may be shared by such third party advertising and analytical service companies with other third parties for the purpose of targeting advertisements to your preferences and interests. Such third parties may also place advertisements on our behalf onto other websites, perform tracking and reporting functions for those sites and our advertisements, and place third party advertisements on our Site. To learn more about targeted advertising (also called behavioral advertising), analytics services and your choices, including how to opt-out of targeted advertising, you may visit the, NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page and the Google’s information page.
This Site is intended for general audiences, and is not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete it. If you believe that we have collected personal information from a child under 13, please contact us using the information below.
Or by postal mail at:
185 Madison Ave, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10016